Because I want to tell you everything I didn’t know…Because often parents feel more prepared for the birth than for the baby…Because having a baby is a big deal…Because mom says one thing, mom-in-law says something else, the neighbours also want to give advice and you don’t feel that any of it is right for you…
Because you want someone who won’t judge you…
The role of a Postpartum Doula is to provide non-judgmental help, advice and support to mom and the rest of the family after their return home with their new baby. A Postpartum Doula can help you deal with the first days, weeks or months of adjustment by providing help with post-birth or new baby related issues such as:
- Physical and emotional support for mom, dad or other members of the family
- First steps with the new baby at home
- Help and advice with breastfeeding and/or tips for bottle-feeding
- Advice for mom’s recovery
- Help and support with twins, triplets and more…
- Baby’s first bath
- Baby care help and advice
- Big brother/sister’s adjustment
- Introducing your pet to your baby and tips for furry siblings
- Helping mom (or dad) around the house
- Helping mom (or dad) to leave the house
The idea is not to tell you what you’re doing wrong, but rather to show you how much you’ve done right! I’m not coming to judge or tell you what to do, but to give you the information and the tools to decide whats right for you and your baby. I believe that every parent is an individual and so is every baby and it is important to cater to the individual needs of both the parent and the baby.
Please visit my Facebook page and feel free to post any questions you may have and, of course, like my page and you’ll see lots more relevant info!