Pre-birth meetup – FREE!
Additionally I’ll give you tips regarding some of the issues on your mind such as: what you can expect after the birth (at the hospital and at home), what will you need, organising the home, preparing siblings or pets for the new arrival and other questions/concerns that you may have.
Early days consultation:
A 2-2.5 hour consultation with the mom or parents in the days or weeks following the birth. The consultation is tailored to the parents specific needs and may include (but are not limited to) the following information:
- General baby care
- Body language and communication – what is my baby trying to tell me?
- Help and advice with breastfeeding or tips for bottle-feeding
- Improving your baby’s sleep
- Infant soothing and coping skills for parents
- Suggestions and assistance with mom’s birth recovery (physical and emotional)
- Baby blues and postpartum depression – information, support and advice
- Information regarding infant development
- Tips for adjustment of older siblings and/or pets
- Help and support with twins, triplets and more…
- Organising the nursery and safety in the home
- Any other questions and/or concerns you may have
Ongoing help and support:
Regular visits to the home in order to provide advice, information, nonjudgmental support and assistance with newborn care and family adjustment. The visit can include everything listed above (under “Early days consultation”) as well spending time with the baby, allowing parents to have quality time with themselves, each other, or older children and helping to create a calm, restful atmosphere in which parents may eat, shower and take a nap. Alternatively, allowing parents to have quality time with baby by helping around the house, helping with baby-related issues or assist with obstacles and/or concerns related to going out with baby. Supplying information on infant feeding, emotional and physical recovery from childbirth, infant soothing and coping skills for new parents as well as making referrals where necessary.